[time-nuts] Signal/Phase noise analyzer

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Apr 23 07:09:04 EDT 2015

Hi

Any new gear that is self contained for phase noise testing will be above a basement budget (> $10K, some > $100K).

The simple approach is to use a single mixer / preamp and a second oscillator to do the measurement. You run the
mixer output into an audio spectrum analyzer (possibly a sound card). Total cost for the setup can be < $100, not
including the computer and sound card.

Bob