[time-nuts] HP10811 dual oven

Charles Steinmetz csteinmetz at yandex.com
Tue Aug 4 17:24:07 EDT 2015

Pete wrote:

>I have a HP / Symmetricom unit that has a dual oven 10811 that was part of
>a telecom master clock distribution system that was only meant to run in a
>controlled environment.

I'm not 100% positive, but I believe the OCXO in your photos is not
an HP 10811, but rather the Symmetricom version, which uses a 5MHz
crystal and a frequency doubler.  I bought a 58503 that the seller
guaranteed had a 10811, but it turned out to have the Symmetricom
oscillator instead.  When I pointed this out, the seller offered to
refund me the price of a DO 10811, which I accepted.  Just for
curiosity's sake, I ran the 58503 as it was, and after a time it
settled into being one of my most stable OCXOs -- better than all of my 10811s.

Best regards,

Charles