[time-nuts] HP10811 vs 00105 OCXO

timeok at timeok.it timeok at timeok.it
Fri Aug 7 03:14:35 EDT 2015

Hi  Corby,

I agree with you that if selected, there may be many differences between objects of the same type. Unfortunately it is very difficult to know what is selected and what is not. For example I found a 10811 mounted in a  Z3801A  who have the temperature set-point  completely wrong. I remember that TVB has done tests on a number of Z3801s and the results were very different from one  to each other. In fact I would expect HP since it is bothered to put a second oven in Z3801A, had selected the oscillators but it is not.

I have not yet measured the 105 Phase noise, I have a 5MHz reference is -115 and -135 dBc respectively at 1 and 10 Hz.

Luciano
www.timeok.it