[time-nuts] wtd: WWVB info

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Aug 9 14:01:04 EDT 2015

Hi

Like it or not, the world is going to BGA’s. Even the “fine pitch” leaded stuff
is slowly going away. You might or might not like soldering a fine pitch IC.
Doing a BGA at home - sorry, not for me. I doubt it’s on the “fun list” for
anybody else either. We had better all get used to the idea that a part on a
board is the “smallest unit of construction” for this or that project.

Thankfully the fine people far over the ocean seem to be able to put a part
on a board for less money than I can buy the raw part. They as a group also seem to
deliver a working (though maybe a bit messy) part every time I’ve got this or
that. Hook a couple boards up and *poof* instant project. Even mounted to a
board the stuff is still tiny. Unless you are doing a “wearable” project it’ll be
plenty small enough.

Go for the board, it’s the way you do a prototype these days !! That’s every bit as true
at work as it is at home ….

Bob