[time-nuts] Thunderbolt issue found

Chris Waldrup kd4pbj at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 21:12:44 EDT 2015

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the suggestions this past weekend for helping get my new Thunderbolt fixed. I got back into town last night late so couldn't tackle it until tonight.
I put a DMM on the F connector and I didn't have 5V on it. Opening up the case, I found the top blown off one of the SOT package transistors. It's the one closest to U19 and is connected to this chip's pin 14.
I have the Thunderbolt with the three separate input voltages (5, -12,12). Does someone have a board they can look at and let me know the code on the transistor so I can see about a replacement?
Maybe even a closeup shot of the 5 SOT packaged devices in that area as I may find another is bad.
Thank you in advance.

Chris
KD4PBJ

—