[time-nuts] wtd: WWVB info

Tim Shoppa tshoppa at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 09:20:33 EDT 2015

Consumer WWVB products long ago moved from hobbyist-friendly DIP to gumdrop
IC's (black epoxy blobs covering chip bonded directly to PCB).

You can either buy a $10-$20 consumer WWVB clock and cut out the PCB
section around the gumdrop IC/filter crystal/ferrite stick, or buy a module
e.g.
http://www.hkw-shop.de/Empfangstechnik-AM/Empfangsmodul-EM2S-60-kHz.html
and ferrite stick.

The 60kHz (WWVB etc) filter crystals are listed (but not stocked) at
Digi-Key etc too (actually "60.002" and/or "60.005" khz parallel resonant
crystals are series resonant at 60kHz).

Tim N3QE