[time-nuts] U-Center issue vs LEA-6T

Bob Stewart bob at evoria.net
Tue Aug 18 18:00:12 EDT 2015

I've been doing some tests on my GPSDO with the LEA-6T location deliberately set somewhere far away.  I had U-Center V8.17 running and connected to the receiver.  During some of those tests, the CFG-TMODE mode switched from Fixed Mode to Disabled without any commands from me.  As a result, the receiver "corrected" the location, and of course I started getting PPS pulses.  I noticed in U-Center that there were some NMEA warnings that the location was wrong just before it changed mode.  With u-center turned off, I don't see any PPS pulses, which is the correct operation as far as I'm concerned.  So, the question:  Has anyone else had this happen, and is it due to U-Center being a bit too "helpful"?

Bob - AE6RV