[time-nuts] GPS outage? 19:00-2100 UTC Tue

Bill Byrom time at radio.sent.com
Wed Aug 19 19:47:16 EDT 2015

According to the official GPS testing (interference) website, there were tests at China Lake scheduled for sometime(s) on August 18-20, 2015. I think that Menlo Park is somewhat under 300 NM (nautical miles) from China Lake (depending on exactly where the test was located), and the expected interference range was about 252 NM. So you might have been at the edge of the affected area. See:
http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/pdf/gps/gpsnotices/GPS_Interference.pdf
http://www.gps.gov/support/user/

I don't see any satellite outages in the official report:
http://adn.agi.com/SatelliteOutageCalendar/SOFCalendar.aspx

And note that except for certain government tests and operations, GPS
jamming is illegal, and violations are prosecuted:
http://www.gps.gov/spectrum/jamming/
--
Bill Byrom N5BB