[time-nuts] Trimble GPS board

Bob rbenward at verizon.net
Sat Aug 22 14:02:35 EDT 2015

Hi Arthur,
Thank you for this information.  I have not received my board yet, I
probably still have a few weeks to go.  The LT1764 will take up to 20V,
but I would never go to the edge.  You could easily do 12V, the only
downside is the dissipation in the LT17654.  Use a variable power supply
and raise the voltage slowly.  Monitor the temperature with a
thermocouple,  IR spot meter (radio shack had one for $10), or just use
your finger.  If you can keep your finger on it comfortable for a long
period of time, the temp should be OK.  The junction temp is rated for
125C.

Now on the flips side, my only concern is the regulator is not supplying
the oven power.  Most Trimble OCXOs I see on Ebay are powered by +12.
When supplying only 6.5V the oven might not get up to temp producing
frequency instability and some erratic EFC stats.

See below, here is a 73090 OCXO (same as on some of those GPSDO boards)