[time-nuts] "Vanguard Ultra precision Golden Oscillator"

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Sun Aug 23 12:24:23 EDT 2015

Hi Bob,

Just the sort of things I was wondering and lot's of questions  indeed,
that's why I asked, I didn't want to be the guinea  pig:-)

Regards

Nigel
GM8PZR

Hi

 A few things I would wonder about:

 1) Is it 0.1 ppm over 0 to 50C (or some other range)? If not, what is the
temperature stability?
 2) Does it run at 3.3V -or- at 5V (pick one) or do they run equally well
at either voltage?
 3) Since there is no EFC, is 0.1 ppm the set tolerance? If it’s not, what
is the initial accuracy?

 Lots of questions, there’s not much information there. That may be due to
the seller not
 having the information. It also may just be because nobody ever asked. The
term TCXO can
 mean a variety of things to a different people ….

 The most encouraging thing is that there *is* a phase noise spec on it.

 Bob