[time-nuts] "Vanguard Ultra precision Golden Oscillator"

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Mon Aug 24 18:18:14 EDT 2015

Hi

The technique still works fine. If you have looked at the auction prices on
the old crystals … good grief …..

If you do drop one into a “modern” circuit, it’s worth noting that the crystal
in an FT style holder has another capacitor in it when compared to the model of
a modern (plated electrode) crystal. The air gap is the source of the element. Net
result is that (without the toothpaste) they are a bit harder to tune.

Bob