[time-nuts] SRS PRS10 repair

ziggy9+time-nuts at pumpkinbrook.com ziggy9+time-nuts at pumpkinbrook.com
Wed Aug 26 12:32:34 EDT 2015

This was exactly the case on my Rb. It was suggested by the OEM that one
could directly connect the 0/5V serial connection to a PC "RS232" serial
port (but with the warning that reversing the TX/RX connection could
destroy it). So the polarity was inverse from what you'd normally expect
on a 0/5V interface, but the same as RS232. As a result of the caution
from the OEM I decided it was much safer to use a real TTL level
interface and the reprogramming of the FTDI chip solved the polarity
issue. Easy and safe. Your NPN inverters/level shifters will work just as
well of course. Congratulations on getting it talking.