[time-nuts] looking for SMT oscillator SC cut, with no oven

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 26 14:23:56 EDT 2015

For a project at work, I'm looking for a good close in phase noise
oscillator (better than -100dBc@ 10Hz, -120dBc would be nice) at 100 MHz
in a SMT form factor.  But it doesn't need good temperature stability.
There's tons of SMT OCXOs out there with reasonably good performance,
but they draw "watts".  My application is actually quite temperature
stable already AND I have an external reference to measure against.

Most of the lower powered oscillator modules are TCXO, and have, maybe,
-80dBc at 10MHz.

I guess we could go to a discrete design with a crystal and amplifier,
but a little clock module would be a simpler solution.