[time-nuts] Chinese GPSDO 10 MHz error

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Aug 28 11:10:24 EDT 2015

Hi

You can measure 2 cycles in at 100 GHz if you wish. Since these GPSDO’s only
put out 10 MHz, it would be a lot of work to multiply them up there. By far the more
practical approach is to measure the phase offset at 10 MHz and go from there.

If one cycle in 1 second is 1x10^-7 (10 MHz signals), then 1/10,000 of a cycle is going
to be 1x10^-11. There are a number of devices that can measure this (see my previous
post in this thread for more details).

Bob