[time-nuts] Sphere's Stuff Day coming this friday, Sept. 5th!

walter shawlee 2 walter2 at sphere.bc.ca
Sun Aug 30 13:59:44 EDT 2015

We will have (literally) tons of free electronic parts and gear, plus some very
interesting Time Nuts goodies, including an assortment of time code displays,
counters, generators and converters left for just $25 ea.  We even have some
giant 4 foot wide time displays, make your own mission control site!  There are
also many Fluke, HP, Tek, GR, PMI/Wavetek, Boonton and other items, both free
and for very low prices. There's at least 3 scalar analyzers, many microwave
power meters, two noise sources, and freshly overhauled Fluke DMM's for just $39
with new leads.  There's a pile of totally free new Chinese DMM's we bought, and
just didn't like, it just re-affirms my opinion hat Fluke really does make the
best handheld DMMs.  Also a nice mix of high end counters, inexpensive scopes
and some freshly cal'd HP 8656B's generators if anyone is interested. I also
found a big pile of mint HP scope probes, for scopes to 250Mhz, with all the
accessories, very hard to find. There's some Tek Logic Analyzer pod kits (new)
still left, as well as some 7K plug ins, a 5K scope and misc. Tek spares and new
boards that keep turning up in the strangest places.

We have to remove EVERYTHING on the bottom floor to re-do the water damaged wood
floor, so we are going to get rid of a lot of stuff to make this job a bit
easier.  ALSO, we have a big pile of generic, Tek and HP CRTs, we will put them
out at just $25 each, but you *HAVE TO RSVP* and indicate *what you are
interested in*, it's a lot of work and many trips to get them set out for the
event.  If no comments, we won't set them out. There will also be a lot of RF
tubes and euro tubes for radio guys, and some RF wattmeters, lightning
arrestors, amps and other goodies for the radio-amateurs. Also many PMI/Wavetek
1038 plug ins, hp 8660 series plug ins, and Argo Systems precision frequency
generator plug ins (including a spare 10Mhz rubidium clock).  We will put them
out if we get feedback, otherwise no.  They will go dirt cheap.

Also a last minute addition, we have piles of *STK 100W low distortion audio amp
modules* and new PCBs we made for them, just $10 for a set.  Plus, some
fantastic high performance speakers to make your own systems with, up to 6"x9"
with coaxial tweeters. High power resistor loads for amp testing too.

Yes, we do take requests, if you are interested in something specific, PLEASE
LET US KNOW in advance, there usually isn't much time at the event to look after
those issues, and it is so much easier for everybody to arrange it in advance..

We are in British Columbia, right above Washington state, about 5 hours from
Seattle.  If you need navigation help or more info, please email or call Susan
at the number below. The event will start at 8:30am saturday the 5th of
Setember, until 4:30pm.  We also have to open sunday afternoon for a few late
travelers, so noon to 4:30pm on sunday the 6th.

Hope to see you up here!  We have people coming from BC, Alberta, Washington and
Oregon, and everybody has a pretty good time here, so I encourage you to come up
and snorkel around in the goodies.

all the best,
walter  (walter2 -at- sphere.bc.ca)

--
Walter Shawlee 2, President
Sphere Research Corporation
walter2 at sphere.bc.ca
WS2: We're all in one boat, no matter how it looks to you.
Love is all you need. (John Lennon)
But, that doesn't mean other things don't come in handy. (WS2)