[time-nuts] RG 6 U couplings

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Dec 6 21:17:24 EST 2015

Hi

The first gotcha is that RG-6 is a “generic” spec. You can find some really awful cable with a label that
says it’s RG-6. The biggest advantage of quad shield is that it’s intended for satellite use. That’s right up
by the GPS frequencies so what ever they do, the voodoo likely works at GPS as well.

All that said, yes, quad shield should have slightly lower attenuation. You also get loss from the uniformity (or lack of)
of the shield.

Bob