[time-nuts] when is LH finished with survey?

Chris Caudle chris at chriscaudle.org
Sun Dec 13 18:24:57 EST 2015

A couple of years ago Mark Sims wrote concerning how Lady Heather gets the
desired precision of stored location even though the Thunderbolt firmware
only allows writing the location directly using single precision:
"Once the precise position has been calculated,  it issues single point
survey commands to the receiver until one just happens to lie within one
foot of the calculated position."

That seems like it could take an arbitrary amount of time.  How can you
tell when Lady Heather is satisfied with the position and has saved it as
the final location?  I moved my antenna recently so I ran a new 48 hour
precision survey this weekend.   The 48 hour portion should have finished
last night, but the display still looks the same, so I'm not sure that it
has finished the "keep surveying until the position happens to be within
one foot of the averaged position" part yet.
I need to move my laptop elsewhere, but I don't want to shut it down too
early by mistake and lose the 48 hours of survey work already done.

--
Chris Caudle