[time-nuts] SMD TADD-1 distribution amplifier - seeking comments and suggestions?

Tim Shoppa tshoppa at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 09:23:22 EST 2015

I think there is a valid heritage in transformer isolation in time and
frequency distribution, and it goes back to when telephone wiring was used
to distribute audio-type IRIG signals around a campus or other facility.
Even if a bunch of 60Hz or a local AM station was leaking through the IRIG
signaling was quite impervious to it. (Heh, the aircraft VHF radio getting
into Spinal Tap's lead guitar was hardly noticeable at that air force base,
for that matter!!!)

But something feels "off" with lifting grounds on coax if the environment
is just a test lab.

CAT 5/6 and Ethernet transformers work great at 10MHz but most all test
equipment is expecting coax and a BNC.

Tim N3QE

>>> Anders