[time-nuts] Springer textbooks >10 years old now available for download as PDF at no cost

Morris Odell vilgotch at bigpond.net.au
Thu Dec 31 16:13:11 EST 2015

Dunno about a court case, but my many years of experience of academic publishers is that they are very tight about releasing any freebies at all, even old ones. I was quite surprised to see that free pdfs were available and thought at the time that someone at Springer probably goofed.

Springer is not the worst of them but is certainly up there in terms of difficulty getting free access. Once you see a tantalising reference to something in a journal published by a top level academic publishers you usually know  that you will either have to pay or go through an institutional library to download it.

Morris