[time-nuts] T.I. questions

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Wed Feb 4 18:41:29 EST 2015

Joe,

The single-shot resolution of the Option 040 series input is 10 ns.
The T.I. interval option adds jitter to make the averaging useful.

If your PPS was instead a burst or a clock, comparing it to your clock
would make more sense and you could use that higher resolution.

If I had a GPIB interface for my 5328A, I would play around with it more.

I think I recall a 10 ps resolution being achievable according to fancy
specs, with averaging to it's max.

Cheers,
Magnus