[time-nuts] Good references on holdover?

Tim Shoppa tshoppa at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 06:56:40 EST 2015

The state of the art 20 years ago is described here:
http://www.hpl.hp.com/hpjournal/96dec/dec96a9.pdf

They understood their OCXO very very well. And you can find EFC trends on
the web for hundreds of different Z3801A's (and similar) if you want to see
how the EFC trends (and occasionally jumps). It is very intuitive to watch
the smoothed EFC graphs build over time.

They were specifically meeting a telco spec for 24 hour holdover. Your 3
second requirement is, um, a bit different! I have no idea what your local
clock is, or what you are locking to, if 3 seconds is a long time.

Tim N3QE