[time-nuts] T.I. questions

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Fri Feb 6 14:30:19 EST 2015

On Fri, 06 Feb 2015 19:29:46 +0100
Magnus Danielson <magnus at rubidium.se> wrote:

> Since then interpolation of single-shot events have been investigated,
> and is now down to 200 fs in the best counter I know of (and have).

Which counter is that? I'm only aware of an experimental TDC that does
500fs. Namely the SAW filter based TDC by Petr Panek[1,2], which he presented at
EFTS 2013. (I don't have that paper at hand and cannot look it up due
to broken german internet).

			Attila Kinali

[1] "Time-Interval Measurement Based on SAW Filter Excitation", Panek, 2007

[2] "Time interval measurement device based on surface acoustic wave
filter excitation, providing 1ps precision and stability", Panek, Prochazka, 2007
http://link.aip.org/link/RSINAK/v78/i9/p094701/s1

use without that foundation.