[time-nuts] How to adjust clock frequency in FreeBSD 10.1 ?

Rick Thomas rbthomas at pobox.com
Wed Feb 11 20:35:45 EST 2015

I’ve got a machine with a really bad clock.  When I run NTP on it, the freq goes straight to 500.0 (over a period of a few days) and stays there, while the offset grows and grows.

I recently switched this machine from Debian Linux to FreeBSD (wanting to learn more about FreeBSD).  Under Linux, I used adjtimex to modify the TICK value and (once I had converged on the right value) NTP was able to stabilize the clock.

Is there an equivalent hack for FreeBSD?

Thanks!
Rick