[time-nuts] PPS delay on rockwell

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun Feb 15 16:34:47 EST 2015

francesco.messineo at gmail.com said:
> I measured the PPS output with an HP-5328B, PPS of the thunderbolt as start,
> rising edge, rockwell PPS as stop, rising edge. The delay is 406.3 ms +/- 30
> uS.

> Are those numbers normal for a rockwell chipset? Any idea why the two PPS
> are so far apart? PPS offset on the thunderbolt is set to 0.

Do you have a scope?  What's the width of the Rockwell PPS?

Are you triggering on the correct edge?  Is there an inverter in there
someplace?

I would try all 4 combinations of rising/falling edges and see if any of them
match cleanly.  That could happen if the Rockwell PPS is 500 ms wide.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.