[time-nuts] WWVB receivers obsolete!?

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 14:44:11 EST 2015

Corby
A rare day when I can answer one of your questions. Usually the other way
around.
All of the phase tracking receivers will not lock to the new BPSK format
without considerable modification. I have release a few to time-nuts here
in the past.
They involve costas loops and frequency doubling etc. there should also be
a fairly digital approach though that success eludes me.
As for the big bucks its that auction site, normal business. I remember the
completely useless truetime dc468 sat receivers and the silly $ going on
for them.
Wonder who ever buys that stuff.
Regards
Paul