[time-nuts] GPS active antenna delay ?

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Thu Feb 19 04:51:04 EST 2015

On Wed, 18 Feb 2015 07:24:32 -0800
Jim Lux <jimlux at earthlink.net> wrote:

> > [1] http://miniradiosolutions.com/minivna-tiny
> >

> And tough to find any substantive information on the hardware design.  I
> poked around for a few minutes, but all I was able to find was software
> user manuals, but no hardware description.
>
> I assume that it's the usual 2 port, 1 direction thing.. A DDS for the
> RF source, and some sort of dual channel detector with directional
> couplers or a bridge on the output port

When i had one on my desk, i opened it up, but apparently i forgot to take
pictures. From what i remember, i think it works either similar to the
VNWA design done by DG8SAQ[1,2] or by N2PK[3]. The tinyVNA can only do
S11 and S12, lacking the additional source at the second port.

			Attila Kinali

[1] http://sdr-kits.net/DG8SAQ/VNWA/baier_VNWA10_QEX.pdf
[2] http://sdr-kits.net/DG8SAQ/VNWA/QEX-Letters.pdf
[3] http://n2pk.com/VNA/n2pk_vna_pt_1_ver_c.pdf