[time-nuts] ***SPAM*** SRS TSD11 Rubidium Oscillator

Mike Cook michael.cook at sfr.fr
Fri Feb 20 11:40:38 EST 2015

TSD11 or TSD12? I have a couple of the latter and they seem to be the same at a PRS10 that I have. I have done some measurements on frequency and stability and they are in spec or there about. Hooked up to RS232, they look and drive like a PRS10. I use the RbMon tool. The ID string is in fact that of a PRS10.
That said, I have had more difficulty in getting a lock to a GPS 1PPS source than I have with the PRS10. I haven’t run the cause to ground yet.
There are differences in the EEPROM default setup compared to that of my PRS10 and that may be related to the locking issue.
a) The PRS10 comes with a Lock Mode of 1, indicated as the default in the PRS10 manual, whereas both TSD12s came with LM of 2.
b) The PRS10 came with a Time Offset calibration, whereas the TO value in the TSD12s are zero (uncalibrated). This may not be significant as I got my PRS10 second hand, but it did have a current calibration certificate from SRS.

So, as frequency references they are OK, as 1PPS sources unlocked to UTC, they are fine too, but I am not sure on the locking to UTC. They do lock, but not as simply as I think they should.

Hope that helps.

"Ceux qui sont prêts à abandonner une liberté essentielle pour obtenir une petite et provisoire sécurité, ne méritent ni liberté ni sécurité."
Benjimin Franklin