[time-nuts] Looking for advice to get a submillisecond setup

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 22:42:53 EST 2015

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 1:10 PM, Tom Miller <tmiller11147 at verizon.net>
wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Lux" <jimlux at earthlink.net>

I've had poor luck extending "fake" RS232 using cat5 wire.  It works well
if you use differential signaling  Convert the cos level serial to  RS422
and you can go almost a mile using cheap cat-5 wire.  And I've also have
worse luck extending a 1PPS plus using cat-5.  The solution is RS422
signaling for the plus.    But I finally gave up as running a longer
antenna cable has easier.

> tm

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California