[time-nuts] PRS10 Rubidium

Hans Holzach hans.holzach at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 14:57:46 EST 2015

hi jürg,

dispite the fact that my prs-10 has been up and running for only about 2
years (according to FC!?), the lamp assembly looks pretty ugly (see
picture) as if it was overheated quite a bit. i bought the unit from
ebay, so i have no idea under what conditions it had spent its life
before i got it. the unit works, but the frequency is not as stable as i
expected.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8652/16589402796_3a2e1e66c9_o.jpg

in my opinion the breakout board should work with your second unit. but
you have to enable the pps PLL (instruction is: PL1). check the manual,
page 33 ff., also to set the time constant.

regards,
hans

Fellow time nuts. I have two SRS PRS10 Rb’s that I did purchase 10 years
ago. Both have been working for the last nine years. One did fail last year
and I finally got around to looking at it in the last two weeks. The
attached picture shows the trauma to the lamp board. I do not understand
the corrosion since it has been in a very controlled environment in my
basement.

Since the failed unit does have the 1 pps loop control I moved the
processor board to the still working unit. Did not work. Does it take more
than just moving that one board to get 1 pps loop control?

Second any ideas as to what may have happened to the lamp heater board. Any
recommendations? Plan on making a replacement board. Have a power FET MRF134

Thanks