[time-nuts] No GPS satellites

Bill Hawkins bill at iaxs.net
Thu Feb 26 16:46:15 EST 2015

Doesn't the DC in the model number mean "down conversion" or something
like that?

Seems to me it did in the obsolete 468-DC GOES time receivers, which had
to down convert to about 1.8 MHz.
Also, the down conversion was more than a simple local oscillator and
mixer. You had to have their antenna to make it work, as the mixer was
in the base of the antenna.

Bill Hawkins