[time-nuts] homebrew counter new board test result

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Fri Feb 27 07:18:00 EST 2015

> 2) Does any one have the test data of 12 digit/s counter when DUT=REF?
> I want to know the gap between mine and a  commercial counter.
>

> Thanks
>
> Li Ang

I did a lot of testing of 53132A counters a while back to research how well the interpolators worked and to measure the interference when CH1 gets too close to CH2. There was some discussion on the list about this at the time.

For the context, see: https://www.febo.com/pipermail/time-nuts/2014-April/084670.html
For the plots, see: http://leapsecond.com/pages/53132/

A good paper to read about the trouble when DUT is close (or "equal" to REF) is:
http://literature.cdn.keysight.com/litweb/pdf/5990-9189EN.pdf
"Isolating Frequency Measurement Error and Sourcing Frequency Error near the Reference Frequency Harmonics"

See also: https://www.febo.com/pipermail/time-nuts/2012-October/070737.html

/tvb