[time-nuts] Using NIST ACTS with Datum/Symmetricom TS2100

Sean Gallagher sean at wetstonetech.com
Fri Feb 27 10:01:30 EST 2015

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has ever had any success with the TS2100 and
getting the ACTS system to work correctly and adjust the clock. As most
of you know there is a bug in the 4.1 firmware version that was putting
everything off a second with GPS. So my company purchased another one
(before we knew it was firmware) to try and fix the GPS. What I have
currently going on is I reverted the firmware, one of them is on 2.84
and the other 3.1, and am testing them to see if these setups work.

On the v2.84 machine I have a GPS signal going into it and timecode
coming out and it actually appears to be working. What we are trying to
do is get the other, v3.1, to sync with NIST so that we have 2 time
sources. We are using a U.S. Robotics 56K V.92 fax modem and since it's
the same one as the example in the manual the init string is the same
AT&H2&N6. I set the time initially just based on my computer then based
on the other TS2100 that is on gps so right now they are about a half of
a second off. My problem is that even when a NIST call works it is not
adjusting the time. It is outputting

ACTS recorded 0 offset
ACTS adjusted clocks

but the time is not adjusting at all. It is in Freerun mode and I
disabled decode even though that shouldn't have mattered since it is
solely using ACTS and pulled out the GPS card, again this shouldn't matter.

--
Respectfully,

Sean Gallagher
Malware Analyst