[time-nuts] Any reason not to use one power amplifier and splitter for distribution amplifier?

Bill Hawkins bill at iaxs.net
Sun Jan 4 01:31:14 EST 2015

Friends in Time,

There's been a large amount of discussion about distribution amps on
this list.
People may be using them just because that's what's done. So I ask you:

What are we trying to isolate? The destination devices do not generate
an interfering signal, n'est ce pas?

The receiving devices do not need to have 50 ohms input impedance if the
source cable is properly terminated, no?

If I use high impedance receivers tapped off a terminated line, how is
this different from 10 base T?
Yes, there will be cable delay between receivers, but how were you going
to avoid that with your distribution amp?
Put another way, why do counters like the Racal 1992 allow you to choose
50 ohm or high impedance at the input?

Please, no "take it on faith" audiophile answers.

HNY.
Bill Hawkins