[time-nuts] Any reason not to use one power amplifier and splitter for distribution amplifier?

Charles Steinmetz csteinmetz at yandex.com
Sun Jan 4 19:30:22 EST 2015

Bruce wrote:

>A 10nF cap connected to the emitter winding [instead of the collector]
>avoids capacitively coupling collector power supply noise to the output
>(assuming that the collector supply isnt ground.).

Good point.  I take pains with power supply design and very rarely
have problems with supply noise in practice, but you're right, taking
the output from the emitter winding should help reduce PS noise
coupling if it were a problem.  I foresee no countervailing adverse
consequences, so that should be considered the preferred connection
for the two-winding variant of the circuit.

Best regards,

Charles