[time-nuts] June 30 2015 leap second

d0ct0r time at patoka.org
Wed Jan 7 10:51:50 EST 2015

Tim,

I was using perl as a tool to calculate UNIX time. As my project based
on STM32 MCU, I have no option to use time libraries. And I dont' think
its applcable for my project. I am thinking what exactly of that UNIX
time is. Looks like its using simple constants, like we have 86400
seconds per day, we have 365/366 days per year. And we have certain
"leap years" with strict rule to identify it. For the clock to use on a
desk, its should be sufficient to avoid confusion with rest of the
world. ;-) In the other words, looking to current UNIX time we could
identify the current date/time as most people see it. But its give us
zero info about actual number of seconds passed since Thursday, 1
January 1970, 00:00:00.

Regards,
V.P.