[time-nuts] Mechanical 1PPS Oscillator Disciplining

Alex Pummer alex at pcscons.com
Fri Jan 9 18:27:53 EST 2015

yes, Ulrich's [ Rohde ] Father made  a high precision clock around 1940,
which had an electronically tuned mechanical oscillator. The vibrating
400Hz tuning fork is phase locked to a quartz crystal oscillator, that
was the most precise clock at  that time, and it worked as  I have seen
it  at the company as I worked there in the sixties of the past century.
73
KJ6UHN
Alex