[time-nuts] June 30 2015 leap second

Henry Hallam henry at pericynthion.org
Fri Jan 9 19:57:55 EST 2015

Such slewing solutions are OK for Google.  They wouldn't work well for
one of the systems I work with, which uses system time to calculate
the position of a LEO satellite for purpose of pointing a 7.6 meter
X-band dish.  Half a second of error corresponds to a pointing error
of 0.5 degrees, well outside the main lobe of the antenna beam.

Anecdotally yours,
Henry