[time-nuts] 53132A Cooling fan

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Jan 11 09:22:07 EST 2015

Hi

A very normal “spiral of death” on the 53132 is the fan going out and the power supply following it a month or two later. The supply apparently does need the fan cooling to keep it happy. Since the fan runs whenever the counter is plugged in, the fan logs a lot of hours. If you do loose the power supply, the one in the 53181 will swap over to the 132. It’s not a cheap fix, but better than scrapping a 132.

Bob