[time-nuts] question Alan deviation measured with Timelab and counters

steph.rey steph.rey at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jan 19 10:44:14 EST 2015

 Actually I'm working in the RF department of a big lab, designing RF
 electronics mainly in microwaves range. I'm luckilly having some tools
 around to play with and a lot of components like
 mixers/amplifiers/couplers/splitters/attenuators, ... almost whatever
 the frequency is up to several tens of GHz.
 At home since the last 20 years I could as well get nice instruments.
 The next two measuring tools really missing and for which I'm limited
 are the phase noise and stability measurement and possibly a good
 standard. My Effratom FRK Rb is old and probably not the best from a
 phase noise and stability point of view but until now has never been
 characterized. Otherwise I've almost everything I need up to 40 GHz I
 guess.

 I'm doing further measurement right now which sounds much much more
 consistent. I will share tonight.
 Cheers
 Stephane