[time-nuts] question Alan deviation measured with Timelab and counters

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Tue Jan 20 02:39:13 EST 2015

On Mon, 19 Jan 2015 08:59:58 -0500
Bob Camp <kb8tq at n1k.org> wrote:

> The most basic way to do phase noise in the basement is with a single mixer
> setup running into some sort of audio FFT device. A sound card can be used or
> an audio spectrum analyzer. Parts are < $100 to get one setup once you can do
> the audio measurements.

2-3 years ago, i got a presentation of an italian amateur radio on
how to measure phase noise of osciallators using this technique in quite
detail. Only draw back is that the presentation is in italian. If someone
wants this presentation, please contact me off list.

			Attila Kinali

use without that foundation.