[time-nuts] question Alan deviation measured with Timelab and counters

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sat Jan 24 17:36:57 EST 2015

Hi

If you go back in the archives and look for the discussions on “Collins hard limiter” they will lead you to some other areas to consider when trying to square low frequency sine wave signals. The quick summary is that you need a series of bandwidth limited limiter stages ahead of what ever you use as a squaring circuit. There are a number of ways to make these stages, each with their benefits and drawbacks. The limiting process has a much larger impact on the results than the choice of squaring circuit.

Bob