[time-nuts] End Of The World

Gregory Maxwell gmaxwell at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 01:00:20 EDT 2015

On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 1:03 AM, Bob Camp <kb8tq at n1k.org> wrote:
> Hi
>
> So are we all still here? Any portion of the group blasted into non-existance by the leap second please speak up :)
>
> ===
>
> Any observations of anomalous behavior yet?

I was eagerly connecting to various things to watch for problems when
everything stopped responding precisely at the end of the leapsecond.

Turned out my cell phone-- an old android 2.3 device on the sprint
network-- dropped off the network (looked like it was up but couldn't
make or receive calls and no data was getting through).  I waited 15
minutes to see if it would recover on its own, but it did not during
that time.

OTOH if it went out for 15 minutes otherwise I might not have thought
to much of it-- so no proof that it was due to the leapsecond; very
coincidental timing if not. :)