[time-nuts] Loran C returning to a station near you...

skipp Isaham skipp025 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 13 22:56:03 EDT 2015

> Does anyone know of any other genuinely useful purpose to which the
> Austron 2100F, SRS FS700, etc receivers can be put in the US since the
> demise of Loran?

I've heard Loran C in some form will be returning.  GPS is not jam proof and that
seems to have caught the attention of our government. Although some locations
have already been dismantled to some large degree, a "hold that tiger" has been
issued as the wheels have started to turn backwards and Loran C starts to make
a comeback.
cheers,
skipp