[time-nuts] Loran C returning to a station near you...

David McGaw n1hac at dartmouth.edu
Wed Jul 15 15:34:05 EDT 2015

Loran-C had absolute accuracy to 500nS but repeatability much better,
usually to about 20 meters position or 60 nS (if you mark the position
of a buoy you can get back to it very closely).  eLoran is a significant
improvement and appears to be able to get to 8 meters absolute position
or about 25 nS timing.  Each transmitter would have its own cesium clock
instead of the slaves relying on the master and propagation corrections
would be cataloged and disseminated.

David N1HAC