[time-nuts] TymServe 2100 OCXO (MTI 240-0530-D)

Gerhard Wittreich gerhard at wittreich.org
Wed Jun 3 10:14:13 EDT 2015

I'm giving the entire rebuild a try including the Ace Trimble III clone
form Heol Design.  I'm not sure it is practical but I like the idea of
keeping an old unit running.  I read the post you mentioned which does a
nice job of discussing the firmware settings.  I was hoping for some
practical tips on removing and reinstalling the oscillators.  Is it a
straight forward desolder/resolder?  Is there an insulating pad (thermal or
electrical) under the OCXO?  Any pitfalls?

Gerhard R Wittreich, P.E.