[time-nuts] Nature: Hyper-precise atomic clocks face off to redefine time

Anders Wallin anders.e.e.wallin at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 02:59:49 EDT 2015

Here are some details on the gravity measurements:
http://projects.npl.co.uk/itoc/project-structure/reg/gravity-observations/

AFAIK this campaign is done with GPS-PPP and TWSTFT for frequency
comparison. The troposphere makes it hard to reach 1e-17 level for the
satellite links - even with a week of averaging time.
The next step is coherent frequency transfer over optical fibers, where
they claim down to maybe 1e-18 or 1e-19 ADEVs for the link itself for a day
of averaging.

Anders