[time-nuts] PPS for NTP Server - How Close Is "Good Enough"?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jun 10 05:11:06 EDT 2015

From: Ed Armstrong
[]
OK, here is the actual question. Do you think it is OK to consider a
pulse which arise 250 ns early to be close enough? And no, I am not
forgetting about that 3 ns, there is about 3 ns of delay added by the
output circuitry.

Hope you didn't mind the long-winded post, and I thank you in advance
for any advice you offer.

Ed

Yes, Ed, if you are within a microsecond for the PPS input to your Raspberry
Pi that's fine.  Don't forget it's a 3.3 V level.

Cheers,
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk