[time-nuts] FE-5680A commands

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Fri Jun 19 15:10:39 EDT 2015

Hi

If you dig into the archives (maybe 3 years ago), there was a lot of digging into various 5680 commands. As you have noted, there apparently isn’t anything like a “standard” 5680. The appear to have made a number of different designs over the years. There are multiple different pc board layouts, and both parts stuffing and firmware differences within the layouts. About all you can be sure of when you see it’s a 5680 is the outer dimensions on the case ….

All that said, there *should* be a list of random commands that people tried and got responses to. This included some where the responses *probably* contained status information. I do not recall anybody ever coming up with a complete command list or a decoder from FEI.

Bob