[time-nuts] magnetic electronic components

Tom Harris celephicus at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 19:05:45 EDT 2015

The techniques are still alive & well in power electronics. Try looking at
an introductory textbook on the subject. Engineers with decades of
experience in this will design inductors, then trim them by hand to achieve
the best results. One old guy would crack toroids in half, and then shim
them with multiple cigarette papers to make a gapped core.

Tom Harris <celephicus at gmail.com>