[time-nuts] Greetings from Australia

Brek Martin bmar8190 at bigpond.net.au
Mon Jun 29 12:33:19 EDT 2015

Hi Guys :)
I thought I’d say thanks for the add to the group and introduce myself.

I’m only starting to get compulsive about time and frequency.
My findings so far are that only the timing of the next second matters because it’s too late
to worry about the current second by the time you have the information about it.
It’s +10 hours here so I have to add 10 to everything, and that could increment the date,
so then a whole calendar program is required to know what the next date will be,
just because you need to know what date it will be on the next seconds tick that occurs.

I have a question…
Is the reason most amateur radio people care about accurate frequency mostly about
operating at higher radio frequencies?
I imagine if a bunch of radio enthusiasts aligned their HF radios with atomic standards for use
on those bands that doppler shift would ruin everything the additional hardware put into it.
Cheers, Brek.